DONATE to our Paypal here
Bolehills is the only BMX track of it’s size in Sheffield and surrounding area. It was built in 1983 and has created a long legacy as the best BMX track in Sheffield ever since.
The Track is maintained exclusively by volunteers, and funded by YOUR donations and those of local businesses. We’re always striving to keep the track running it’s best, and change and add features to keep the riding experience fresh – Bolehills never stands still and stagnant.
Bolehills Improvements 2021 – 2022
Your donations foremost will go towards track maintenance leading up to the 2021 season. 20 ton of surface is around £400 and covers roughly a straight to full depth.
We are aiming for 60 ton of surface this year to bring back the track to standard to improve riding surface and enjoyment for all. There will be a few tweaks to existing features during this time to keep it riding well and keep it fresh.
PUMPTRACK IMPROVEMENT / EXPANSION
We are looking to secure funding towards improvements to the track to offer better:
Bike Track, a BMX track building company have quoted against supplying subsoil and topsoil to aid these improvements. This will be supported with Volunteer efforts
Plan to make use of unused derelict space created by prior work within confines of track boundary.
- Topsoil/Subsoil imported as required to site by 20ton tipper truck
- £2000 of fundraising needed
- Work to commence September 2021– March 2022
- Volunteer led work with hand tools only
- This area of the track is used by younger riders and provides a great introduction to the sport. We want to extend this area.
- Building with dirt makes the improvements
a) Cheaper to acquire materials
b) Easier and cheaper to tweak the track to enable a safe and smooth ride
c) Easier and cheaper maintenance
- To increase biodiversity we will be spreading wildflower seed in the unused areas
We are looking to secure funding for improvement & expansion:
Are you a business and want to help?
Or an individual who wants to donate?
Or DONATE to our Paypal here
The more funds we have the more changes can be made outside of volunteer efforts.
Work is hoping to be scheduled for late 2021